Published by TheFoodMonkey on 26 Jan 2013 at 03:54 pm
On January 27th, the New Center is holding another iteration of Beyond Bubbie’s Kitchen, in which chefs from local restaurants share contemporary culinary creations based on classic Jewish cuisine.
Attendees will have the opportunity to enjoy:
- Josh Ziskin of La Morra: Polenta di castagne con funghi (Crispy chestnut and cornmeal polenta with mushroom ragu and fried sage)
- Erwin Ramos of Ole: Tres leches cake
- Jim Solomon of The Fireplace: Braised Lamb Shank with Winter Squash Stew, Chickpea Wampanoag Porridge and Pomegranate Yogurt Cream
- Deborah Hansen of Taberna de Haro: Eggplants stuffed with lamb (Sephardic recipe from Spain)
- Katie Kimball of Area 4: Hamentaschen
- Mark Goldberg of PARK Bar: Foie gras matzo balls w/ mushroom madeira sauce
- Jason Santangelo of Forum: Flatbread Pizza
- Steven Peljovich of Michael’s Deli: Auntie Bev’s Noodle Kugel
- Mark Gaudet of Savenors Market: House-cured Pastrami knishes
- Avi Shemtov of The Chubby Chickpea: Shakshuka
The event will be on Sunday, January 27th from 5-8pm at the Back Bay Events Center (which you may know as the Old John Hancock Building).
Tickets are $36 per person and are available here.
From the event site:
Beyond Bubbie’s Kitchen, put on by New Center NOW, has been a delicious staple event in Boston for the past 3-years. This year, we are going back to our bubbie roots with the help of some real local bubbies, Ruth Fein and Ruth Gordon. Ruth and Ruth will share some great family stories (sweet and funny!) and teach us some tricks of the trade in our very own “Bubbie’s Living Room” lounge. Grab some food and take a seat, these bubbies are not to be missed.
Hope to see you there!