Published by TheFoodMonkey on 08 Nov 2012 at 05:30 pm
In a partnership too strange for commentary, it appears that Denny’s, of all places, is the official restaurant partner for the new Peter Jackson movie of The Hobbit.
Check out the press release below:
SPARTANBURG, S.C. (Nov. 8, 2012) – Denny’s is offering diners their first taste of Middle-earth inspired fare with the introduction of their new menu celebrating the highly anticipated epic adventure “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey,” a production of New Line Cinema and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures (MGM). Featuring an adventurous selection of eleven new breakfast, lunch and dinner offerings, even the hungriest of Hobbits will leave feeling satisfied over the holidays.
· Build Your Own Hobbit Slam®: Denny’s most famous dish has been given a Middle-earth makeover with three tasty new additions with holiday flavors, including Lemon Poppy seed Cake French Toast, Shire Sausage and Pumpkin Patch Pancakes.
· Hobbit Hole breakfast: This dish will get diners ready for any adventure; two eggs fried into the center of grilled cheddar bun halves served with two slices of bacon, crispy hash browns and topped with cheddar cheese and more bacon.
· The Shire Sausage Skillet: Perfect for breakfast, lunch, dinner or even Elevenses. A savory Shire sausage is served with seasoned red-skinned potatoes, sautéed mushrooms, fire-roasted peppers and onions on a sizzling skillet, topped with cheddar cheese and two eggs.
· Frodo’s Pot Roast Skillet: Offering pure comfort with every bite, this sizzling skillet features slow-cooked pot roast, herb-roasted carrots, celery, mushrooms, onions and broccoli, served with seasoned red-skinned potatoes.
· The Ring Burger: Dwarves and Hobbits won’t be the only ones eager to dig into this mighty dish. A hand-pressed burger is topped with pepper jack cheese, bacon, sautéed mushrooms and mayo on a grilled cheddar cheese bun, crowned with three crispy onion rings and served with a side of wavy-cut French fries.
· Gandalf’s Gobble Melt: For an interesting twist on a holiday favorite, try this wizardry creation; tender sliced turkey breast and savory stuffing topped with melted Swiss cheese and placed on grilled potato bread with cranberry honey mustard spread.
· Dwarves Turkey and Dressing Dinner: Even Dwarves and Hobbits need a traditional holiday dinner; featuring tender sliced turkey breast, savory stuffing, gravy and cranberry sauce served with your choice of two sides and dinner bread.
“We’re extremely excited that Denny’s is the national restaurant partner for ‘The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey,’” said John Dillon, vice president of marketing and product development for Denny’s. “As we developed our new menu, we wanted to strike a balance that kept the traditional holiday flavors our diners know and love, while incorporating a variety of new, movie-inspired items that we hope will excite both new and existing Hobbit fans. We hope our guests enjoy an authentic, Middle-earth dining experience this holiday season.”
No holiday meal would be complete without a sweet treat at Denny’s, and there are plenty of tempting options to please even the most discerning Hobbit palate:
· Lonely Mountain Treasure: Delicious Lemon Poppy seed Cake French Toast cut into nine squares and served with a side of cream cheese icing for dipping. Perfect for sharing on your journey.
· Radagast’s Red Velvet Pancake Puppies: These festive favorites feature six bite-sized red velvet Pancake Puppies®, made with white chocolate chips, sprinkled with powdered sugar and served with a side of cream cheese icing for dipping.
· Lone-Lands Campfire Cookie Milk Shake: Traveling through the Lone-Lands over Christmas? Be sure to bring this yummy milk shake along. Thick, hand-dipped vanilla milk shake mixed with s’mores cookie pieces and topped with a dollop of whipped cream.
· Bilbo’s Berry Smoothie: Made with a delicious blend of raspberries, blueberries, pomegranate and nonfat yogurt, it’s a refreshing treat after a big adventure.
· Hobbit Harvest Pies: Dwarves and diners looking for a budget-friendly bite can enjoy a slice of holiday flavor with pecan or pumpkin pie for only $2 from Denny’s 2,4,6,8 value menu.
Guests can collect exclusive trading cards when purchasing select film-themed entrees in store. Each exciting card pack includes one of ten “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey” character cards featuring Bilbo, Gandalf, Thorin and friends, one of four coupon cards offering in-store discounts, and, in randomly selected packs, one of two limited edition character cards that Hobbit fans won’t want to miss.
But the journey doesn’t stop there: in anticipation of the movie’s release on Dec.14, the Denny’s Facebook page and website will offer fans access to a wide range of film-inspired games, activities and exciting challenges. Additional movie content will also be available by scanning one of four QR codes on Denny’s placemats in-restaurant, including access to “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey” exclusive video footage and a behind-the-scenes look at Denny’s National TV spot, allowing fans everywhere to fully immerse themselves in Middle-earth life.
Launched nationwide on Nov. 6, “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey” menu is available all day, every day for a limited time only. The menu includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and late-night items.